Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The train approaching Platform 1...

...is the 07.51 National Express Service to Glasgow Central, calling at...

As I sit in a first class carriage, on my way back to Sunderland, I thought I would take the time to say thanks to all the people at National Express East Coast for making the east coast service a fantastic rail service.

The only real service between Peterborough and Newcastle, NXEC (the old GNER) is a benchmark which other train services should look up to.

How funny that a privatised railroad, often overtly critiscied by the many, really is a dream come true. Ticket prices are very competitve, service is fantastic and the efficiency is most noticeable.

On the subject of trains, don't you wish you had a pair of these?!

1 comment:

  1. Where would we be if Beeching had not swung his axe so cruelly? Would we be world leaders in Eco league tables?

    I remeber a pair of curtains, and somebody's first word...Thomas!

    ReplyDelete