Thursday, December 10, 2009

Top Raddlemen on Twitter


Hiatus over, it's time to just mention some of the excellent Raddlemen I am following on Twitter.

It proves that Rutland isn't still in 1954.

@Mercury1695 For the near up to the minute happenings of my part of the world.

@rutlandweather is someone I have followed since my humble beginnings in social media. A 4-hourly service telling me the weather in my home county. This isn't, however, a 'bot account', or that posts automatically. The gentlemen behind it also runs a weather blog. Unbelievably, I can't find it currently, as the post it was on is now too old.

@Rutlandbubble , part of the FORC family, has been on Twitter a month less than I have. Following mainly his musings on life at the cutting edge of rural insurance, as well as his occasional commentary on home life, proves incredibly useful.

@M4ryLamont I discovered when our local radio joined the service.

@RutlandRadio , Though humble in it's followings, keeps me up to date with the station when I am away at University. Whether its a winning weekend or a now - playing mention, it's just great to get niche updates from my local radio.

Of course, this correspondent's old school chum @Odbe34 who talks politics and other Rutland stories needs a mention

Finally, for the definitive list of Raddlemen on Twitter, check out the Rutland Radio list here. A collection of 8 or so others on Twitter from the smallest county in England.

UPDATE 1: @konin , owner of the Toots Sweets of Oakham. A store of old fashioned sweets in Oakham, is the latest addition to this growing list

UPDATE 2: @M4ryLamont has come up with the following:


Thanks for the help!

2 comments:

  1. How could I forget!

    @oakhaminbloom , the collection of volunteers from the original Oakham in Bloom bid, who 'tweet' about environmental projects around Oakham.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here are some more :-)

    @thesixpence
    @tonyhson
    @gillbee
    @artsforrutland
    @pooletj
    @batwine
    @uppingham
    @allotmentgirls
    @furleys
    @cookiesofoakham
    @merrymonk
    @discoverrutland

    ReplyDelete