Monday, September 28, 2009

40th Post; What's been happening


As Freshers Week comes to an end, final year of university begins and I have dropped my washing off at the launderette for the first time this year, I thought I should pen some thoughts on what's been happening.

Freshers week was very steady. A couple of nights out with people I live with currently and shared a halls with two years ago proved to be very entertaining. In usual Media Centre style, the PR 1st years had an introductory day with lectures and a music quiz at the end (which they valiantly lost)

A distinct lack of accessible internet for the week had meant that Ed H-J and I needed to fulfill the time with some quality Playstation 3 entertainment. Having bought Need for Speed Shift and Guitar Hero 5, we haven't looked back.

Here are a couple of pictures of the room; a definite mix of Life on Mars circa Sam-Tyler bedroom furnishings with some modern comforts.

A catch up drink and meal with Simply Jack follows tonight, with 3rd year beginning tomorrow.

I would not recommend buying Europe's greatest hits. Even if it is in the HMV 2 for £10. It is a definite musical journey of 3 tracks, followed by 24 pieces of filler music.

1 comment:

  1. Dude

    Great pics, and love the Guitar Hero bit - Mum will never know. HMV the way to go! Have a great last year!

    ReplyDelete